Monday, April 17, 2023

San Diego Electric Bike


On Sunday afternoon I dropped off my bike at San Diego Electric Bike in La Jolla.

Ray is the man.
He showed me a Schwinn he built 20 years ago, with a single-cylinder internal combustion engine.
Wow! You don't see one of those every day.

About my Schwinn, we talked a bit about the make and model of the electric motor, how the handbrakes would work, where to mount the battery, how to engage the throttle, adding a five-speed derailleur, and a bell, getting the front fender light to work, and the horn too.

I left knowing my Schwinn was in good hands at last.

It will take a week or so to source all the parts, a few days to put it all together and test-ride it, and then it's all mine to play with.

More stuff to get:
    Helmet.
    Front and rear lighting so I'll be legal for night riding.
    iPhone mount.
    Storage cover.
    Clean and detail before pickup.

No comments:

Post a Comment