Friday, April 7, 2023

Electrifying a 1952 Schwinn Black Phantom


Thank you for any help you can offer...

This 1952 Schwinn Black Phantom is a restored original that I've owned for the last 35 years. It's exactly like the one I had when I was 9 years old (71 years ago). I used it on my newspaper delivery route. It was heavy then, and it seems heavier now. 😂

That brings me to my cunning plan...

1. add a chrome electric motor on the front wheel,
2. a black removable battery pack on the rear wheel package carrier,
3. hand brakes, and 
4. some general TLC, etc.

Can you help me with an estimate of the cost for the work
including pickup/return to Del Mar?

Please also include recommendations for 
1. mount for iPhone,
2. helmet, 
3. safety lights, 
4. any other items to get it legal, safe, and reliable... 
 
As an incentive for you to want to do the work,
please note that I write a bike blog called SoCal Beach Cruiser
that gets very few views, by the way, so no promises of great riches,
but I would like to publish the story of the conversion, with photos,
your contact information, etc. You could link to the story if you want.

If this sounds good to you,
please let me know the details on price and pickup and delivery
and whatever else I should know.

Thank you very much,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment