Sunday, November 3, 2013

Wanted: Electric Beach Cruiser Bike



I have held out long enough.  My bike is not coming back.  I need a new bike.  If I take everything I learned with the last one, and design the perfect bike for me at this time, it would be an electric stretch cruiser, something like this, but with electric drive:


The primary purpose of the bike will be short trips in the Del Mar area, and longer cruises on the beach. So I'm going to need some fat tires for the sand.  And I want the most comfortable seating position possible, upright, low seat and relatively high handlebars (not ape-hangers).  And a big fat cushy seat.

Of course it will be outfitted with iPhone mount, running lights, cup holder, etc. I'm kinda interested in those new programmable LED lights for the perimeter of the wheels.  Very clever.

I have looked at, and ridden, the latest electric bikes from Prodeco and Pedego, but the seating position is uncomfortable. Maybe it can be solved with handlebar adjustments, but I would much prefer a lower seating position, and pedals more forward of the seat (not quite recumbent).

Below is the Pedego Trail Tracker.  I like it a LOT because of the monster fat 4"tires (and 24" wheels) that would be great for the sand, and to run at low pressure to make the ride as comfortable as possible, but the seating position is for trail running, and I want total comfort:


The one below is the Pedego Interceptor II.  I like the power and the traditional cruiser frame design. It's another possibility if the handlebars can be raised, but again the seat is too high in relation to the ground, and the pedals not right for electric cruising:



Prodeco's Outlaw has great specs, lots of power, but again needs a more upright seating position:



Is there someone who can build a custom electric beach cruiser in San Diego? 
All suggestions are welcome!
Thank you.

Please contact me at FastMikie@Gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment