Thursday, January 8, 2009

I scoff at your cupholder!

Should I have put a cup holder on my new beach cruiser? Dr. Mark (who rides a trail bike) thinks it is mandatory to hydrate continuously during a ride, but I'm not into all that hydration baloney, and I really don't want to start adding a plethora of geegaws on my super-stock ride. So Dr. Mark says how you gonna hold your water?

I show him my backpack, of course. Gotta ride with a backpack, right? Where else are you gonna store your camera, cell phone, Frisbee (can not show up at the beach without a Frisbee!), sun screen, wallet (driver carries no cash!), protein bar, trinkets for the natives, yadda yadda yadda...

It's a complicated world, takes a lot of gear to support a safari to the beach. Man's gotta be prepared...

1 comment:

  1. I'd scoff at the cup holder too. It would totally ruin the aesthetic of your bike. I bet Dr Mark wears socks and Birkenstocks. Go with the backpack. And make the trinkets Tiffany. You never know what kind of native you'll pick up ; ) !!!

    ReplyDelete