Saturday, January 17, 2009

Del Mar Beach Homes, Solana Beach east of Hwy. 101


Del Mar

see it all, click HERE.

Today I crossed the Great Divide. It is said that there is no Life east of Interstate 5, but there is no life for me east of Highway 101, the Pacific Coast Highway. If there is anything east of that, I'm really not so interested. I prefer the beach. But being the open-minded person that I am, I went with Mark's suggestion to cross 101 and head into Solana Beach. I have never been through this territory before, and I probably will stay away next time I'm given the chance so I can stay closer to the beach.

The iPhone was mounted securely with a new handlebar bracket. I tuned in with another iPod, the Touch, in my pocket, with ear buds, making this the first, double-Apple tour. It looks like I need another bracket for the tunes-pod, and another for the video camera (coming soon). That may be the limit.

(to be continued)



One of the highlights of today's tour was to visit the marker of good friend Derek Blake, who would have enjoyed the waves we've had for the last couple of days. His marker is in a little known part of Seagrove Park, in Del Mar. I always enjoyed hanging out with Derek.

No comments:

Post a Comment